About Me

My photo
johannesburg, guateng , South Africa
Where to begin? I love to cook bake, entertain I bake for FUN.

Mickey-G's Costumes

Check out my Web Page

http://mickeygcostumes.webs.com/

Facebook
MickeyG's Costumes



Friday, April 01, 2011

Brown oven-baked pudding

I made just a quick spaghetti bolonaise last night and for dessert the kids had milk tart.


My youngest was telling me all his favourite foods and at the top of his list was 'pudding' then spaghetti bolonaise, then pies then every thing else I make.  (Too cute) So this morning I decided to put a pudding on.






Pudding:
1 Egg
200g (250ml) Sugar
120g (250ml) Cake flour
5ml Salt
12.5ml Fine apricot jam
12.5ml Vinegar
5ml Bicarb of Soda
250ml Milk

Sauce:
250g Margarne
250ml Ideal-milk
125ml Boiling water
200g (250ml) sugar 


Pre-heat oven to 180'c
Spray an oven dish with a non-stick spray


Beat eggs and sugar till well mixed.
Sift flour, salt together and add to egg mixture in turns with the milk and mix.
Mix the apricot jam, vinegar, bicarb of soda together and add to mixture.
Bake in  pre-heated oven till golden brown.

Place all sauce ingredients in a sauce pot and stir over medium heat till sugar has dissolved, keep on medium heat till pudding is done.

As soon as the pudding is cooked, pour sauce over.

Serve warm with custard or ice-cream.

No comments: