About Me

My photo
johannesburg, guateng , South Africa
Where to begin? I love to cook bake, entertain I bake for FUN.

Mickey-G's Costumes

Check out my Web Page

http://mickeygcostumes.webs.com/

Facebook
MickeyG's Costumes



Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Saturday Braai

Braai Potato Parcles
This is an old favourite, I first made this when my husband and I had our first " holiday " together we did not have much money so we had to stretch what we had.

4-5 Medium potatoes cut in cubes
1/2 Onion cut into thin slices
100g Bacon Bits
Vegetable spice
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil / 1 Tbs margarine
2 Pieces Tin Foil about 30cm

I pre-cooked my potatoes and onions.
Place potatoes, onions, bacon into the middle of the foil,  Wrap the foil around the potatoes like Little parcel but before you completely close it up add olive oil/margarine,  vegetable spice, salt & pepper. 
Wrap tightly and braai, keeping parcels on the edge of the braai grid careful not to burn them and turn them often.
This can be made and baked in the oven as well till potatoes are soft.

Varieties: 
Add Corn, Mushrooms
Replace Vegetable spice with Cayenne pepper and parsley.


No comments: